Suicidal Animals?

Well, I've had some time off work this week and had to rest, so it's enabled me to clear a backlog of unwatched DVDs and finish reading my copy of the John Waters book 'Shock Value'. And I must admit I'm finding myself drawn to his warped sense of humour... not in that I want to attend murder trials as a spectator, or that I keep cuttings of bad things that have happened from the newspapers... but I am interested in reading such weird and often unbelievable tales. One this week was - 'Boy's arm torn off by washing machine!' Undeniably awful though this must be for the boy and his family, who wouldn't want to read on and find out how it happened.

So here's a genuine sign I took a photo of back in 1983 with my first camera. It was on a driveway to a house that my parents had taken me to as they wanted to visit the gardens. I must admit I have no recollection of the house or gardens... but I've always remembered the sign and wondered what such an act of animal suicide would look like it. And let's face it, Pekinese, the most pointless breed of dog on the planet... perhaps they've realised this and are drawn like a magnet...


Friday 14th October 2011