Halloween Food

Again, whilst shopping in various supermarkets last weekend I came across the following pumpkin and Halloween related food available in the UK.

Regarding pumpkin soups, the Covent Garden Soup Company has a butternut and bacon soup out which isn't specifically their Halloween soup, but they do have another seasonal pumpkin soup out, as seen below with Morrisons' own spicy pumpkin soup. I've tried the latter and I'd recommend it. The Covent Garden soups usually taste OK too and I'll get round to eating them later on in the week - although I know some people find them a bit to watery.


Morrisons also had their own pumpkin pasta that I tried at the weekend which is basically a filling of pumpkin and cheese but it seemed to lack something - seasoning or some other added flavouring. It lacks the subtlety of the Tesco Finest version or from having the pine nuts that the Waitrose version has. Anyway it's better than not having pumpkin food out for the season.


And finally whilst in Asda I picked up something a bit more American. I must admit I'm not a fan of Oreos, but as celebrating Halloween in the way we do is basically Americanised, what the hell...



Tuesday 11th October 2011