Halloween soup & gingerbread bats...

At the weekend I picked up another carton of pumpkin soup from a company I'd not seen before. Well I tried it yesterday and it gets the thumbs up. This one's a bit sweeter than the normal spicy pumpkin soups with more of a ginger taste than a cumin or paprika taste that the other soups have been employing. Also it remains thick although it is not a creamy soup. I still have issues with the Covent Garden soups in that they are big on taste but too watery. Anyway, try out the New York Soup Company instead.


And then returning from Cheriton today I passed by the local bakers and saw these in the window and felt obliged to buy them. I have a weakeness for gingerbread men (or gingerbread people in this politically correct world in which we now live!)... but gingerbread bats... a good choice.



Tuesday 18th October 2011