Candy Corn candles

I visited the outlet centre in Ashford, Kent this week as I needed to get some new shoes. I must admit I try not to visit the town of Ashford wherever possible as it is a soulless place. It has expanded at such a rate that it has lost so much of it's heritage and become just a vast conurbation of Lego houses for insular unsociable commuters, leaving the old town to become the hunting ground for packs of chavs and hoodies. A visit to the place now leaves me feeling I need a total exfoliating scrub to remove the taint of the place and ruing the fact that I left my Haz-mat suit at home! Anyway I digress...

In the Outlet Centre, tucked out of the way near the horrendous food hall touting the usual unhealthy processed gloop, is a tiny Yankee Candle Company shop. Their candle can be expensive but the scents are usually fare superior to most of their rivals and at the outlet centre they ten to be reduced in price by about a third.

On a 'Sale' shelf were the last two remnants from Halloween, and as I'd completely forgotten to visit this place in October, my face lit up to see a small glass stoppered jar next to a larger version sporting Candy Corn labels!

The small jar just had a printed label, but the label on the larger jar shown below had a label that was a lenticular hologram! And the scent isn't bad either! Strong and unmistakeably candy corn. Possibly the best Halloween decoration purchase this year.



Wednesday 14th November 2012