The run up to Halloween 2011...

Well, the evenings are drawing in and the best month of the year is about to start. My local church youth group has decide to hold a 'Light' party to celebrate All Souls Day rather than the traditional pumpkin carving evenings I've helped with over the past few years - oh deep joy!

Anyway, my 20th anniversary Halloween party ticket is designed and will be sent out to the relevant guests in due course. So in terms of a Halloween countdown, I'll endeavour to load an image on here every day until the day of that dark satanic feast that the local church is expecting. I wonder if any of the more right-wing local Christians will be holding a prayer meeting too, just to seek redemption for those guests that are lured through the soft door of Vince's Halloween party! I can feel the need to watch the classic Halloween episode of 'King Of The Hill.'

So to today's image...

There's been nothing exciting in terms of Halloween decorations in the shops. All I've picked up so far is a £1 copy of the DVD of 'The Munsters' Revenge' - a 1980s TV movie reunion of 3 of the original cast. The plot and acting are nothing special, but it's still a nice trip down memory lane.

Last week I spent a day in Calais, expecting to see some different and rather tasteful decorations that the French are often renowned for, but it seems I may have been somewhat premature with my visit as all I could see was a display in a jewellers that featured a knitted pumpkin!



Tuesday 27th September 2011