The first Halloween decorations of 2011...

Well, now the children are back at school, the shops are changing their 'Back To School' displays to something more autumnal and today I saw my first Halloween decorations... well, mostly sweets. Marks & Spencer had a small bin of chocolate eyeballs and fingers, and John Lewis had their usual fare of overpriced biscuits and lollipops - although they did have some paper cupcake holders and a vertical decoration spelling Halloween below a black bat. So not much yet... and these shops will have more in time.

Anyway it prompted me to cook up some pumpkin pasta when I got in from work. Waitrose for some years now have sold the pasta detailed below (originally with a small portion sized bottle of sage flavoured olive oil), which I have always rated as the best pumpkin pasta on sale in the UK (although I've since changed my mind to the Tesco Finest pumpkin pasta - which lacks the pine nuts and cheese, but has a much richer pumpkin taste.)


Tuesday 6th September 2011