Poundland 2025

As I have been collecting Halloween decorations for over three decades now, I am getting pickier as I get older and am shying more away from the cheaper shops. However it is always a pleasure to see what the pound shops have on offer to enable someone to very reasonably decorate a party and the pound-shops do often throw up some very tasteful buys that look more expensive than they cost.

This year it was good to see Poundland attempt some homewares e.g. oven gloves and the kind of felt or wooden decorations that somewhare like Sainsburys might be offering. I wasn't keen on the oven glove designs - they seemed to me that they were sparsely illustrated - but it is a welcome addition to their normal range of items.









The ceramic jars at £3 were good value; I liked the countdown calendar; the coffin trays were basic but someting I would have bought back in the day; and despite the skeleton being orange, I thought it a nice design that would work well if several  were displayed.

Tuesday 23rd October 2025