A Tale of Two Supermarkets

The local Asda and Sainsburys supermarkets put out their Halloween fare this last week... but having got a somewhat sizeable collection of quality decorations I didn't feel tempted and there wasn't anything too exceptional that tempted me to make a purchase.

However, I did notice the difference in quality and presentation this year. I always had favoured Asda in their commitment to having a scary Halloween themed aisle and along with the kids costumes there was always some unusual yet reasonably priced bits and bobs, but I got the feeling this year that they weren't trying as much as in previous years.



Whereas the in-town, small Sainsburys had its aisle visible when you first walk in the store, and although having fairly similar costumes and sweets at least their designs and items had more of a seasonal feel and where more enticing than the sterility of Asda.



Morrisons hadn't put decorations out when I visited, however they did have the white pumpkins in stock again this year. But their 'beer festival' seemed sadly devoid of Halloween themed beers.

Sunday 6th October 2019