John Lewis Halloween 2018

John Lewis always manage to have something of a little better quality, albeit at a higher price. And in a charming way the most interesting item was a metal witch and ghost standing by a streetlamp which could house a tealight. A simple and child-friendly design, but very well made.


The Hotel Chocolat confectionery is always overpriced in my opinion but then John Lewis is aiming for a wealthier pocket! The push bats and cats looked and felt nice but at £20 for what is essentially a small cuddly toy, the cat didn't find its way into my basket.


If I hadn't already got a glass skull bottle, I would've taken one of these.


The metal hanging bat and pumpkin light looked great too and for a tenner I was considering it. The central section was glass and not a cheap plastic, but I was dissuaded in the end by the fact that the battery operated light looked as if it would not be replaceable once used up.


Tuesday 9th October 2018