The Supermarkets get into gear...

The major supermarkets in the UK have started in earnest to put out their Halloween supplies for this year. As usual there's plenty of sweets and children's costumes. Tesco disappointed this year with no real worthwhile decorations, and I tend not to expect much from Morrisons (except the beer - but more of that later!)

Asda's Halloween aisle hasn't rocked my world either this year. There's less if a Day of the Dead theme this year, thankfully, and things do seem to be flying off the shelves - but it is just the normal run-of-the-mill cheap tat. Although I do like the cream coloured napkin designs which look aged.


The LED proctor is back, but at £20 I can go without at that price.


The most intriguing mask was a tree-figure. It's only a cheap £4 mask made of thin plastic that will crack and break easily, but I do like the pointy nose and chin.

Thursday 5th October 2017