Poundland Halloween DVDs 2015

A few years back Poundland surprised us all with a selection of well known horror classics and then followed it up with cheesy 50s B-movies the following year - all entertaining. However for the past couple of years we've just had digitally shot straight to DVD movies that fail to excite - the sort of substandard movie that if you saw them was advertised as showing on the Horror Channel, you'd probably give them a miss!

This year there's again a selection of movies you've never heard of and probably never will again. There were a couple that I'm sure I'd seen advertised on the Horror Channel and had chosen to avoid after seeing the trailers. However I did walk away with a BluRay of a Spanish werewolf movie the 2009 Universal remake of 'The Wolfman' starring Benicio Del Toro (OK, I know it's not supposed to be great either - but it must be worth a quid!), and as a guilty pleasure, the 1991 sequel 'Omen IV The Awakening' which apparently follows the usual law of diminishing returns for sequels. Aware of its poor reviews I still bought it as my Omen box set just has the first 3 films. I'll keep an eye out just in case any more items of interest are added, but for some of the other titles on sale, you can look at the picture below.



Wednesday 30th September 2015