National Record Store Day

Well, it seems I've been a bit preoccupied over the last couple of months and have been neglecting to update this blog. So apologies to any Constant Readers!
 
Anyway... yesterday I got up at ridiculous o'clock in the morning to drive over to Whitstable to queue in the rain for a couple of hours before the nearest local independant record shop to where I live opened. I was only really after a limited edition Bowie 7" Picture Disc, but chatting to the person in front of me, found out that there was a limited edition 10" slime coloured vinyl of Ray Parker Junior's 'Ghostbusters' - it being the record's 30th anniversary. So it was a bit of a no brainer really and i bought a copy.
 
It features the single version, an indtrumental version, a dub version and the extended mix. So if you are interested try to track down a copy...
 
 
 
After buying 4 records (Bowie, Ray Parker Jnr, Grace Jones & The Flaming Lips) I enjoyed a cooked breakfast in the Tudor Tea Rooms at 8.30am, at the table Peter Cushing used to sit at. So all in all a worthwhile trip.
 
Sunday 20th April 2014