Pumpkin food at Morrisons

When getting the Halloween beer yesterday I also picked up some pumpkin & squash related food items.


The Goats Cheese & Roasted Butternut Squash dip sounds like it's going to be nice... with goat's cheese quite a strong taste and pumpkin quite sweet when roasted. However I was to be disappointed! If I hadn't read the label first and just tasted it blind I would've had no idea as to the intended flavour. So don't waste you money.

The Pumpkin Tortelli I ate today. Pasta parcels filled with pumpkin, ricotta cheese and crushed amaretti biscuits... sounds quite nice on the packet. Yet again one to avoid I'm afraid! Very bland. If you want pumpkin pasta try the Tesco Finest range or Waitrose's Pumpkin & Pine Nut pasta.

The soup review will have to wait for another day.

Sunday 7th October 2012