Halloween Beer (Part 1 - Witches)

Well with the news that Hammer Films are producing a range or horror themed beers this year, available in October, I thought I'd just post some of the other Halloween themed beers that I've tried over the years. Wychcraft from the Wychwood brewery is usually available this time of year in major supermarkets and is a reasonably good tasting bottled beer (but not as good as their Pumpking Ale - see next post). Black Cat Ale from the Fallen Angel Brewery I purchased a few years ago from a farm shop in Faversham and have to say that the label's graphics surpassed the actual enjoyment of the drink inside. However their best bottle design has nothing to do with Halloween but I've put it below anyway. Kopparberg did a Witches Brew mixed fruit cider a few years ago too which was for sale in Wetherspoons pubs. They still do a mixed fruit cider, however I haven't seen the same packaging in supermarkets. And finally Moorhouse's Pendle Witches Brew is a beer I picked up from the Sourced Market stall in King's Cross St Pancras station recently and is worth trying as well as having a great label.
Saturday 11th September 2010